Seagate and Synology partner up to offer personal cloud solutions to the Philippines
Two prominent market leaders in storage, Seagate and Synology, are now partnering up to offer a cloud-based solution to our local market. Synology’s DiskStation Manager will now feature a key Seagate Ironwolf tech. That’s not all though, as both brands also just announced their End User Bundle promos for their NAS (Network-attached storage) products.
Seagate’s IronWolf Health Management (IHM) will now be integrated into Synology’s DiskStation Manager. This feature is basically a drive health monitor that can be used for analysis and recovery of NAS drives. It runs on three basic principles — Prevention, Intervention, and Recovery.
- Prevention — IHM offers real-time protection from environmental threats such as temperature, shock, vibration, and the like by providing recommended preventive actions.
- Intervention — IHM monitors the drive’s health parameters to gauge overall performance and reliability. It will also automatically diagnose and recommend a backup if a drive is about to fail.
- Recovery — IHM has access to Seagate’s famed Rescue recovery services, which enjoys a 90% recovery rate.
In line with this partnership, Seagate and Synology will be offering NAS bundles for their products starting September 1 up until the 30th. Bundles are as follows:
- Seagate IronWolf 4TB + Synology DS218+ — Php 1,000 Off Total price
- Seagate IronWolf 6TB + Synology DS218+ — Php 1,250 Off Total price
- Seagate IronWolf 4TB + Synology DS918+ — Php 1,500 Off Total price
- Seagate IronWolf 6TB + Synology DS918+ — Php 1,750 Off Total price