Smart testing Mobile Credit Card Reader

Smart testing Mobile Credit Card Reader

During Smart’s sale event last week-end, the company tested a new mobile credit card reader. This allows merchants to allow credit card payments via a smartphone.

The smartphone (the photo shows an Android handset from HTC) serves as a modem for the card reader.

The system makes it more affordable for merchants to charge customers using MasterCard. The solution looks like it’s still in testing phase so we’re not sure when it will become available for merchants to use.

You may also like...

10 Responses

1. roland says:

hmmm.. there is an existing credit card payment made with iphone before. It think it was launch 2009. Product is Square Card Reader

2. roland says:

hmmm.. there is an existing credit card payment made with iphone before. I think it was launch 2009. Product is Square Card Reader

3. Ghost Riley says:

Smart just killed my startup idea. Just like that.

4. roiji says:

ayos to’ sana walang mataas na merchant fee, pwede rin Visa or Cirrus, at sana pwede rin sa Debit card :}

si ate naman baliktad pang mag swipe…

5. Benchmark says:

Well like what DTI said, cash payment and credit card payments are both the same. Walang “service” charge dapat, yet kahit siguro gawin ganyan ang credit card payment, making it cheap, for them, making their kita bigger.

Mga gahaman talaga.

Pano pa aasensyo kaya ang Pinas kung sa mga ganyan eh gahaman na…tsk tsk tsk

6. Loki says:

Ohh, another opportunity for identity theft and credit card dupes :D

Easy to hack if connected to Wifi/3G/4G connection :D

• gosago says:

Sige nga hack mo?! Kung maka-easy ka kala mo anak ka ng diyos! Kurugan kita jan eh sinira mo araw ko!

7. Thanks for sharing your thoughts about hair. Regards

8. You actually make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this matter to be really something which I think I would never understand.
    It seems too complicated and extremely broad
    for me. I’m looking forward for your next post, I will try to get the hang of it!

9. Thanks a lot for sharing this with all people you really understand what you’re speaking approximately! Bookmarked. Please additionally visit my site =). We may have a hyperlink alternate contract between us