Students now covered through Malasakit “Free Terminal Fee” Initiative
The Department of Transportation (DOTr), along with the Civil Aviation Authority of the Philippines (CAAP), has just announced that student passengers are now covered by the Malasakit “Free Terminal Fee” Initiative.
Beginning August 1, 2019, student passengers who previously purchased an airline ticket within a period of one (1) year may seek for a refund of the terminal fee integrated into their airline tickets. It covers tickets purchased through a point of sale or online.
DOTr also posted the following procedure in order to claim the terminal fee refund:
- Proceed to the airport Malasakit Help Desk
- Fill out the Student Exemption Certificate form. Bring proof of active enrollment.
- Submit Certificate of Exemption, Boarding Pass, and Ticket Itinerary Receipt to CAAP representative.
- Authorized CAAP representative will very the submitted documents.
- CAAP will release the payment for refund.
- Exempted students should sign the receipt of payment.
The student terminal fee refund is available at any airport owned and operated by the CAAP, nationwide.