NVIDIA intros Quadro RTX Turing architecture GPUs
NVIDIA has announced their first Turing architecture-based GPUs with hardware-accelerated ray tracing, AI, advanced shading and simulation to creative professionals – the NVIDIA Quadro RTX 8000, Quadro RTX 6000 and Quadro RTX 5000.
The Turing architecture features RT Cores to accelerate ray tracing and new Tensor Cores for AI inferencing. It accelerates real-time ray tracing operations by up to 25x that of the previous Pascal generation, and GPU nodes can be used for final-frame rendering for film effects at more than 30x the speed of CPU nodes.
The Quadro RTX GPUs are designed for the most demanding visual computing workloads, such as those used in film and video content creation; automotive and architectural design; and scientific visualization.
NVIDIA Quadro RTX Professional GPU features:
• New RT Cores to enable real-time ray tracing of objects and environments with physically accurate shadows, reflections, refractions and global illumination.
• Turing Tensor Cores to accelerate deep neural network training and inference, which are critical to powering AI-enhanced rendering, products and services.
• New Turing Streaming Multiprocessor architecture, featuring up to 4,608 CUDA cores, delivers up to 16 trillion floating point operations in parallel with 16 trillion integer operations per second to accelerate complex simulation of real-world physics.
• Advanced programmable shading technologies to improve the performance of complex visual effects and graphics-intensive experiences.
• First implementation of ultra-fast Samsung 16Gb GDDR6 memory to support more complex designs, massive architectural datasets, 8K movie content and more.
• NVIDIA NVLink to combine two GPUs with a high-speed link to scale memory capacity up to 96GB and drive higher performance with up to 100GB/s of data transfer.
• Hardware support for USB Type-C and VirtualLink, a new open industry standard being developed to meet the power, display and bandwidth demands of next-generation VR headsets through a single USB-C connector.
• New and enhanced technologies to improve performance of VR applications, including Variable Rate Shading, Multi-View Rendering and VRWorks Audio.
The Quadro RTX GPUs will be available starting in the fourth quarter on nvidia.com with the following prices:
• Quadro RTX 8000 with 48GB memory: $10,000 estimated street price
• Quadro RTX 6000 with 24GB memory: $6,300 ESP
• Quadro RTX 5000 with 16GB memory: $2,300 ESP