Sony locally announces a7 II, 1st full-frame cam with 5-axis IS
Sony has just priced its newest model in the a7 series of interchangeable-lens model here in the Philippines. The a7 II is touted as the world’s first camera with optical 5-axis image stabilization designed for a full-frame image sensor. With it comes a lineup of improvements as well as new features.
Sony a7 II specs:
Sensor Type: 35mm full-frame Exmor CMOS sensor
Effective Pixels: 24.3MP
ISO Sensitivity: 50-25600
Viewfinder type: 0.5”-type EVF
Screen type: 3-inch TFT LCD
Lens Compatibility: Sony E-mount lenses
Processing Engine: BIONZ X
Dimensions: 126.9 x 95.7 x 59.7mm
Weight: 556 grams (body only)
These 5 camera shakes are now detected and optically stabilized to produce sharper images.
Some of the a7 II’s most notable features include:
- Detecting and correcting five camera shakes (pitch and yaw, X and Y axes, and roll) for a more stabilized shot even without a tripod.
- The 24.3-megapixel 35mm full-frame Exmor CMOS sensor itself moves to compensate for these kinds of shakes.
- Stabilization is equal to up to 4.5 steps faster shutter speed of correction for still images.
- Camera’s IS is still effective even when used with E-mount lenses without Optical SteadyShot (OSS).
- Handheld shooting with low-light and slow shutter speed is now possible.
- Users can monitor corrected image in real-time on the camera’s LCD screen or in the OLED viewfinder for fine-tuned framing and focusing.
- Autofocus is promised to be very responsive?–?30% faster than in previous models.
- Predicts the next movement of the subject for tracking shots thanks to a more advanced algorithm.
The Sony a7 II sells in the Philippines for Php89,999 for the body alone, while having a 28-70mm kit lens will set you back Php105,999. We have had a hands-on experience with it which you can view here.
For the complete specs head over to Sony’s website.