Local source confirms Galaxy S6, S6 Edge details
A local source we talked to this week has revealed details of the upcoming Samsung Galaxy S6 and the Galaxy S6 Edge based on first-hand encounter with the device.
Our source personally saw and held the Galaxy S6 Edge from a Samsung Executive last week and described some details about the handset which will be formally announced in March 1 at the Unpacked event in Barcelona.
* There will be two main variants of the Galaxy S6 — the regular, flat one and another curved one which will be called Galaxy S6 Edge.
* The Galaxy S6 Edge will have a curved edge just like the Galaxy Note Edge. However, instead of just one side, both the left and right sides will have the curved display.
* Both devices will have a display size of 5.1 inches, the same size as the Galaxy S5.
* The handsets will also come in different colors — black, white and blue.
* The back panel of the device is made up of some very hard polycarbonate material that looks and feels like glass but is very tough. The Samsung executive even tried to scratch it with a fork during their dinner meeting. The material is also very glossy, giving it mirror-like properties.
As for the internals, the Galaxy S6 will sport the fastest chip from Samsung (an unnamed Exynos processor) but it’s also possible that a Qualcomm variant will be released (possibly the Snapdragon 810).
We’ve been invited to attend the Samsung Unpack Event in Barcelona next month so we’d be able to deliver first hand accounts of the launching.