Android 4.3 upgrade for Xperia Z1 and Z Ultra rolls out
Sony has just announced that it has started rolling out the Android 4.3 Jellybean upgrade for the Xperia Z1 and the Xperia Z Ultra.
Below are the key features brought by the new firmware upgrade as listed by Sony Mobile:
- Google’s Android 4.3 Jelly Bean as standard – bringing Project Butter performance & UI optimization and a smoother graphical experience
- Launched with Xperia Z1, we’re now bringing Sony’s Smart Social Camera to Xperia Z Ultra – our signature camera experience, that lets you download, access and enjoy “Xperia camera apps” directly from within the viewfinder
- We’re also uplifting Sony’s entire native app portfolio to the latest versions – bringing tweaked / improved / current experiences for (to name but a few): Messaging, MyXperia, Smart Connect, Small apps, TrackID, Sony Select and…
- Sony’s Media apps: WALKMAN, Album and Movies, with Sony Entertainment Network cloud service integration – a more converged and full Sony entertainment experience – Sony Entertainment Network & PlayMemories integration with a more intuitive UI, offering seamless access to both local and cloud content
- The launch of our unique custom interface experience: “Xperia Themes”, with downloadable UI packs from Sony Select – more on this soon…
- The latest Android security enhancements, matched with Sony’s mobile enterprise solution: Xperia in Business
As usual, timing and availability of the upgrade may vary by market and carrier. We have the Xperia Z1 on hand and so far Android 4.3 hasn’t arrived on our device yet.
To check for the upgrade on your Z1 or Z Ultra go to Settings, About phone, then Software update. You can also check through Sony PC Companion on your Windows PC.