Here’s how to update your ASUS Zenfone 2 to Marshmallow
ASUS has finally rolled out its much-awaited Android Marshmallow update for the top-tier Zenfone 2 variant, but how would one install it manually? Here’s a quick guide on how to do it.
ASUS, on their website, outlines the procedures on how to update your beloved Zenfone 2 ZE551ML to the latest available software:
- Download and copy the firmware zip file to your internal storage, and make sure the filename is UL-Z00A-WW-126.96.36.199-user.zip. You may download directly from ASUS website here.
- Make sure to move all important apps back to internal storage, as there is no APP2SD support on Android 6.0 Marshmallow. Also, please make sure you have a backup of your files ready, just in case.
- A “System Update File Detected” notification should appear. Tap the notification and select the correct update package. If you are charging or plugged in to a PC, unplug the USB cable first.
- Make sure your battery is above 60% or is charging.
- If you’re sure that you are ready, tap the OK button.
- The device should reboot to recovery mode and start updating your device. This will take a while. DO NOT REBOOT YOUR PHONE during this part.
- Once the update is done, the device should restart by itself. Optimization of apps will take time depending on how many apps are installed on your phone.
And that’s it. Enjoy your new Android Marshmallow right off the Zenfone 2. View what’s new on the update here.