ASUS rolls out Marshmallow update for Zenfone 2 ZE551ML
Finally, ASUS Zenfone 2 fans can now rejoice as their-much awaited Marshmallow update for the ZE551ML phones have rolled out and are now available for download.
It’s been a really late update for last year’s ASUS flagships, but are a welcome treat as their devices are one of the best sellers in town. The Taiwanese company outlined the changes that the new update will bring:
- Software update to Android 6.0 Mashmallow.
- Internal storage will decrease slightly after update, it is recommended back up data and relocate media files (pictures & vides) to SD card to reserve enough storage before starting the software update.
- Android Marshmallow won’t support APP2SD. Please move apps to internal storage before system upgrades.
- Multi-user function won’t be supported if the account is deleted. Please keep your account to continue usage.
- The apps listed below will no longer be pre-loadeded once your device has been upgraded to Android 6.0 (Marshmallow).
1. ASUS Backup
2. Data Transfer
3. Dr. Eye (TW SKU)
4. Jawbone UP
5. EZTABLE (TW SKU)
6. Google Play Books
7. Google Play Games
8. Google Play Newsstand
12. Party Link
13. PC Link
14. Photo Frame
15. Remote Link
17. What’s Next
18. Yahoo Shopping (TW SKU)
19. ZenFlash (Can be downloaded from Google Play)
21. ASUS Game Center
- This update will also add new features and new apps:
1. Google Calendar
2. Google Messenger
3. Dr. Booster
5. Facebook Messenger
- This update will remove ASUS Email, ASUS Calendar, ASUS Messaging, ASUS Browser and ASUS Music and won’t be preloaded in this software version. You can use GMail, Google Calendar, Google Messenger, Google Chrome and Google Play Music for relevant services.
The catch? Well, this update released last August 31 is only available via manual update. If you’re one who’s willing to skip the OTA and try out a rather longer process, then here it is – click here to start your journey.