Game developer and publisher Capcom has announced that six original 8-bit Mega Man games are coming to iOS and Android devices in early January 2017.
Capcom says that “this is the first time all six of the original 8-bit Mega Man games have been made available on smart devices, 29 years since Mega Man first exploded onto the console scene.” Below are the Mega Man games that will be released:
• Mega Man Mobile – The evil Dr. Wily must be stopped in this classic action platformer, the original Mega Man!
• Mega Man 2 Mobile – Dr. Wily resurfaces to threaten the world again! Only Mega Man can stand in his way.
• Mega Man 3 Mobile – Fight berserk robots on uncharted planets. Mega Man must set a course for space to resolve this mysterious crisis.
• Mega Man 4 Mobile – A year has passed since Mega Man’s battle in space. A new enemy appears — Dr. Cossack.
• Mega Man 5 Mobile – Manic robots cause chaos in the city. How is Proto Man involved? Only Mega Man can find out!
• Mega Man 6 Mobile – The Global Robot Alliance is formed, but this newfound peace is threatened by a new foe — the enigmatic Mr. X!
The games will be available separately for $1.99 each. You can pre-register here.