The Samsung Galaxy Note8 has apparently started getting the official Android 8.0 Oreo update after several beta testing.
There is still no official announcement from Samsung about the Android 8.0 Oreo update rolling out to the Galaxy Note 8, but someone at Reddit has confirmed that he received the update on his Note 8 (N950F) Exynos variant. The new update has a firmware build number R16NW.N950FXXU2CRA1.DM and has the latest Android security level which is in January.
Changelog of the build includes the ff:
- Update to the keyboard
- Picture in picture support
- App specific long press menus from launcher
- Secure folder can be set to stay unlocked until the screen goes to sleep
- Autofill API support (with bio-metrics) for all apps, and browser
- Colored media notifications
- Notification categories
- Customization options for notification badges
- Keyboard uses gify for gif search support
- More edge lighting options
- Ability to ONLY view Samsung cloud items
- Ability to backup Samsung secure folder in Samsung cloud
- Bluetooth, high-quality audio codecs
- Manage passwords of Samsung and third party apps with Samsung pass
You can manually check the update by going to device Settings -> Software Update -> and select Download Updates Manually option.
Source | Via: PhoneArena
It better not be…..
Mine doesn’t have the update yet.