Sony has started rolling out firmware updates for the Xperia Z1 and Xperia Z Ultra which include performance and stability tweaks/improvements for the camera, display and battery.
Sony calls the updates as maintenance releases for the said devices. Below is the changelog detailing the main fixes and inclusions:
- tweaked the camera algorithm for even better all round performance
- refined Sony’s Smart Social Camera platform, so Xperia Camera apps run more smoothly (particularly Burst Mode, Superior Auto, AR Effect and Sweep Panorama…)
Xperia Z Ultra:
- optimized touchscreen sensitivity, for both finger gestures and writing / sketching with pencils, metal pens and selected styluses
Xperia Z1 and Z Ultra:
- re-calibrated the display ever so slightly, to ensure viewing experiences remain bright & bold
- economized power consumption for longer battery life
- streamlined Exchange connection for faster email sync, display and download
You can check the update on your Xperia Z1 or Z Ultra via the Sony PC Companion on your Windows PC or Sony Bridge for Mac.