Breaking: Globe Telecom has launched a new cellphone-and-landline-in-one service called the Plan Duo Subscription. This service allows Globe subscribers to carry two numbers in a single SIM card — 1 mobile and 1 landline. Check the details of the plan below:
- Globe Plan Duo subscribers are given a Duo Landline number. The mobile phone and SIM will have two (2) numbers: your current mobile number (i.e. 0917-XXX-XXXX) and your Duo Landline number (i.e. 02-XXX-XXXX).
- With the Duo Plan, you get the following service at free of charge: Duo to any Landline calls, any Landline to Duo calls, and Duo to Duo calls. Calls made to other mobile numbers are charged regular mobile rates.
- There’s no need for a special dialing number — just key in the Area Code + Landline Number and your ringing. Same with calling another subscriber on a Duo line.
- Service is initially available in NCR and Cebu. All other calls outside the area code (02 for NCR or 32 for Cebu) will be charged regular mobile NDD rates.
Subscription to DUO Service is Php399 per month on top of your regular Globe Plan. Single SIM, two numbers? Time to ditch the landline.
How to get Globe Duo Plan:
1. Promo is open to all Globe Postpaid subscribers from April 5 to July 3, 2009 (not available for prepaid or corporate accounts).
2. Subscriber can avail of the service through the Business Centers or Register via SMS (with required SMS acceptance of Terms and Conditions). Simply text DUO to 8888.
3. There will be an initial 90-day holding period for new activations, subject to pre-termination fee of Php1,200. After the holding period, subscription is auto-renewed on a monthly basis unless otherwise requested by the subscriber.
4. You can only avail of one (1) active DUO landline number for every active Globe line, at any one time.
Heya just wanted to give you a brief heads up and let you know a few of the pictures aren’t loading correctly. I’m not sure why but I think its a linking issue.
I’ve tried it in two different web browsers and both show the same outcome.
I gave up my corporate number and reward benefits to avail of super duo plan believing that it’s a sound decision.I signed up an application form 2X because they have lost the previous one I signed which they placed on waitlist due to unavailability of preferred unit. I got my unit and new number that does not work. Calling up my phone with a recording that says number you dialled is not yet in service… after 3 months of subscription!!!! service SUCKS! I have followed up activation of the supposed duo number numerous times that I felt cheated that I have paid for nothing.I have email trails that will proved uncountable times of airing my problem to no avail. Nico Aljohn from Galleria branch informed me that it was forwarded to other dept who will resolve the issue but have not received any feedback.I have visited Galleria branch and all efforts were futile. Sim was replaced, sim was tested on other phone units, and other time they have de activated my super duo plan and re activated it… still nothing happened… I was just wasting time calling up GLOBE customer service hotline who promised to give you feedback that never happened…until this very moment. Rude, insensitive, unprofessional and absolutely incompetent bunch of people who will just transfer you around for nothing.Really frustrated.
I have scanned a few of the articles on your web site now as well as Philippines, Technology News & Reviews, and I genuinely like your way of blogging. There is no smoke without a fire and on that point there are no comments without posts.
subscribed to this service yesterday. the whole process took less than 10 mins.
this is a welcome development for me considering that i use smart, globe and pldt landline plus (all prepaid). it certainly bothers me to carry 3 phones everyday. now i can only bring 2! :)
tried a few calls with it and the line sounds good. clear. no problem also with incoming calls from pldt landlines.
hope smart comes up with a similar promo :)