Facebook introduces new Paper app
Facebook has introduced a new app called Paper, that lets users view their Facebook feed in a fresh and attractive layout.
Paper took some cues from Flipboard and designed the app in a very similar fashion, but instead of news it shows “Stories” posted by your friends and Liked pages. Users can also customize their reading experience by choosing from more than a dozen other sections about various themes and topics.
Below are the key features of Paper:
• Everything responds to your touch so you can pick up or thumb through stories with simple, natural movements
• You can tilt your phone to explore high-resolution panoramic photos from corner to corner, and see faces and other important details up close
• Full screen auto-play videos come to life and bring you deep into the action
• Beautifully detailed covers make it easy to spot articles from trusted publishers and decide what to read or watch.
• Articles unfold in the app and appear full screen for a focused reading experience
• When you’re ready to tell your own story, you know exactly what your post or photo will look like because you see a live preview before you share it
Facebook will launch Paper on February 3 and will be exclusive for the iPhone in the US. That’s a downer for us here in the Philippines but I’m sure there are workarounds for that.