Who could have thought that our early forays into the controversial blogosphere was all just a huge link bait? Follow the link to discover who this master link baiter of the year is.
Just over a year ago, I wrote an entry entitled “Filipino Catholics petition against Bryanboy“. It was probably one of the first few controversies the local blogosphere had witnessed. It was so hot the topic even got the major daily news.
What we all didn’t know that this incident was a masterfully crafted plan by Bryanboy himself. He emailed me the other day and confessed:
One of the challenges on this year’s gay bloggies is to confess something you’ve never written on your blog before. Well, I thought I’d drop you a note, albeit belated, to say THANKS with last year’s antichrist brouhaha.
His entry, Attention whores, poke, poke and provoke (warning: NSFW!) explains it in detail.
Exactly one year ago I made headlines in my country because of a simple yet effective blog entry that I posted.
What people didn’t know (until now) is that blog entry was planned and executed with military-grade precision.
Anyway, my friend and I concocted a cheap little plan.
* Fake email account? Check.
* Fake online petition because anyone new on teh internets think online petitions are still effective? Check.
* Sanctimonious holier-than-thou quote? Check.
* Crazy “ZOMG YOU ARE SO GONNA BURN IN HELL” letter with a ludicrous call-to-action? Check.
* Email a few folk and leave it to their hands to do a little viral marketing campaign. Check.
First time I read his email, I said “Dang, I’ve been had!!!!”.
B, you’re really gonna get it this time. *hehehe* But I have to hand it to you, master link baiter.