December 01, 2009

Smart Unlimited Blackberry Prepaid Plans

Smart is setting first in the Blackberry service in the Philippines by offering prepaid plans on a daily or weekly basis. This is pretty good news for those who have open-line BB phones bought without a post-paid plan before.

blackberry prepaid

The daily unlimited rates are Php50 for 24 hours and Php300 for one week.

To activate:

Text in “BB DAY” to 2077 for the daily activation.

Text in “BB WEEK” to 2077 for the weekly activation.

The unlimited plan is only allowed for Push Mail and Messaging (Blackberry, YM, Google Talk and MSN). Regular browsing charge will apply when subscriber access the web browser using WAP Smart APN (Smart Internet).

284 Responses to “Smart Unlimited Blackberry Prepaid Plans”

1. Andre Marcelo-Tanner
    Twitter: kzapkzap

What about post paid, its frigin expensive paying 0.25 per kb :)

Also theres browsing via BB and browsing via WAP, so its the BB network browsing free also?

2. Julian
    Twitter: ssshortzzz

why does 4th check say
    “Unlimited Internet Browsing”?

Is there an asterisk there?

3. kerov7 says:

one question, where can we buy original “open line” BB?? ^_^

4. yuga says:

@andre – yup, looks like it.

@julian – regular internet browsing is charged separately.

@kerov7 – check out the mobile shops at Mall of Asia, Park Square 1 and CyberZone SM Megamall.

5. francis says:

@kerov7

check these online stores:

ebuystore.com.ph
    gadgetgrocery.com.ph

6. dongv
    Twitter: willyyu

how will the messaging work? do you have to tag your pin to smart network? or no need to tag?
    how about for the we browsing, what will be the right APN to use?
    thanks,

7. Maye says:

Sabi ko na nga ba at may mag o-offer rin ng prepaid sooner or later. Tinapon tapon ko pa yung prepaid sim ko para lang kumuha ng line sa Globe. Grrrr.

8. Jhay says:

Not bad. It would be interesting to see what Globe will offer for the BlackBerry.

9. J says:

What about use of UberTwitter and Google Maps? I use those apps a lot.

10. Turboslice says:

Too bad I don’t have a Blackberry!

11. Jenna says:

@Turboslice – Loved your article on the laptops!

12. garyboi
    Twitter: garyboi84

Nice! I hope Globe will have a similar service for Prepaid/Postpaid subs who does not want to avail of their current BlackBerry add-on plan.

Though, I have an issue with setting up Push Mail on my BB Storm 9500. Can’t seem to get an option for Personal mail; I only see an option for Enterprise accounts. How can I fix this? Got my BB Storm from my cousin; it’s open-line by the way.

13. ryan says:

wow! i hope globe will offer the service too.

14. Miguel
    Twitter: mparazgmail.com

Have they released the consumer pricing for the BlackBerry Curve 8520?

15. Reggie says:

wow!! i never thought a telco here would give in to offer Blackberry for prepaid! i’m wondering if this will work on any HTC devices that have BB Connect software.

16. karen says:

hmmmm…Php 300 for 7 days? that’s 1200 a month, which is exactly how much i’m paying for my bb plan from globe…well plus 149 for the data plan…

17. Turboslice says:

So, it’s basically an unlimited internet plan on a small screen with only a teeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeny count of websites you can access.

Is this some sort of joke being played by Smart? Because, you know, April Fool’s over.

18. Ardz says:

Smart has another unlimited push email promo for only Php200/month. See the link below.

I think this is more applicable to those who don’t have BB devices.

19. dongv
    Twitter: willyyu

will BB messenging works with the prepaid? how will you tag the pin to Smart network? can gmail be pushed too with prepaid?

20. Robin Lim says:

Does the unlimited push email @200 work with postpaid accounts?

21. willbill says:

hmmm, di sulit to… ang labo… mga after 5 years pa siguro bago natin ma enjoy mga ganitong phone….

22. sprakanitezz says:

how about nokia5800 pwede ba to i mean instead BB nokia gagamitin Lol

23. GP says:

Does anyone already tried this service? Any feedback?

24. I tried it.

IT DOES NOT WORK.

SMART DOES NOT TELL YOU HOW TO MAKE IT WORK.

I CALLED SMART CUSTOMER SCARE, IT DROPPED MY CALL TEN TIMES.

I give up.

Globe na ako.

Marvin

25. GP says:

really? i called customer care too a while back and asked about this. the call center representative told me to call another number as anything related to blackberry should call the postpaid hotline. i told her that this isn’t about postpaid. and this is for smart buddy. apparently, she is unfamiliar with this new blackberry prepaid service. she asked to put me on hold for 2-3 mins. then when she got back to me, she said,

CSR: are you still on the line?
    ME: yes..
    CSR: are you still on the line?
    ME: yes, yes..
    CSR: sorry, i hear no response. goodbye.

I was like WHAT? I know she can hear me. hindi nya siguro alam kung anong sasabihin nya. what’s happening smart?