December 01, 2009

Smart Unlimited Blackberry Prepaid Plans

Smart is setting first in the Blackberry service in the Philippines by offering prepaid plans on a daily or weekly basis. This is pretty good news for those who have open-line BB phones bought without a post-paid plan before.

blackberry prepaid

The daily unlimited rates are Php50 for 24 hours and Php300 for one week.

To activate:

Text in “BB DAY” to 2077 for the daily activation.

Text in “BB WEEK” to 2077 for the weekly activation.

The unlimited plan is only allowed for Push Mail and Messaging (Blackberry, YM, Google Talk and MSN). Regular browsing charge will apply when subscriber access the web browser using WAP Smart APN (Smart Internet).

284 Responses to “Smart Unlimited Blackberry Prepaid Plans”

1. miguelmallari says:

kahit wag mo idelete service books mo…kng smart tlga gamit mo no need to delete..kng lilipat ka s globe and ung service books mo n nkasave is for smart thats the time na mgdelete ka…dont forget to send mms on FIRST…pag ndi mo nsend yan bago ka mgregister..kakainin lng load mo..

2. shulace says:

Someone help me please. The subscription to smarts BIS went smoothly for the first week. Now im trying to renew it and i can’t. someone please give me step by step instructions on how i can do so… I need my emails!

3. miguelmallari says:

u should have sent MMS ON to 211 first before registering again..always yan…pag mgreregister ka ALWAYS REMEMBER THE FIRST STEP IS SENDING MMS ON to 211..PAG HNDI YAN ANG NAUNA…bbye load…mghihintay ka ng napakatagal for a refund

4. kristine Bacay says:

Good! Now i must go back to smart! but what about Ubertwitter, facebook, and myspace? i want to use those apps. hope it’ll be available soon. :)

5. pol
    Twitter: gonein60secs

tried it for 1 day, renewed after 30 hrs of bis. everything went flawless. just t3xted bb day to 2207. thats all i did.

6. aileen says:

Have been using prepaid daily for many days now, always renew daily. Haven’t experienced problems for around two weeks… until TODAY. All of a sudden i stopped receiving and could not send emails.

I also could not access my facebook nor could I browse the internet. The error message is always “You are not in a wireless coverage area”: even if I have already changed locations and even if my friend’s postpaid SMART SIM indeed has wireless internet access in the same location i was in.

Seems like a hopeless case already. Makes me feel bad kasi I just got my BB and it’s been working so good so far… it’s making me think of just getting a post-paid plan. argh.

7. Cee
    Twitter: keneshea

I’m experiencing the same problem as aileen since last week but a week before that miguelmallari helped me with the configuration and it worked like a charm, thanks to him, medyo nahirapan lang ako sa pag add ng PIN delay ata dumating sa kanya or kelangan ata eh ako lang ang iinvite and di pwede mag invite (not sure)

so I called the cs twice and they just gave me trouble ticket numbers and according to them it will be under monitoring within 24 hours. Imagine they put me on hold for several times and made me wait 10-15 mins every hold. I also had the same problems on my first call na hindi ako naririnig….

My problem started after renewing the subscription(to think na it was my 4th time na tsaka pa nagloko) all of a sudden the gprs sa may signal disappeared and even how many times I do battery pull nothing happens. It always shows that the MMS and mobile networks (GSM) are activated however, when I checked under manage connection the icon beside the Mobile Networks is colored yellow and it only means nga na walang data service…

Just now, what I did is resend MMS ON to 211 and after receiving the confirmation I sent BB DAY to 2207 and did a battery pull… it shows now “gprs” the Mobile Networks shows green, registered under HRT but unfortunately, I still cannot connect… I don’t know what else I need to do. Please anyone help!

8. Oneville says:

I too am having problems with the BIS not connecting to my device,was flawless for 3 weeks,now won’t connect at all, called Cs 5 times and complained on twitter too…to no avail…BB 9000 & 9700. Been 3 days already, this is very upsetting…

9. Oneville says:

I too am having problems with the Smart BIS not connecting to my device,was flawless for 3 weeks,now won’t connect at all, called Cs 5 times and complained on twitter too…to no avail…BB 9000 & 9700. Been 3 days already, this is very upsetting…

10. dani says:

Please update.

Just last night, this is what I did:
    2. I send BB DAY to 2207 – i received a text saying “You are now subscribed to BB Prepaid DAILY package. A maintaing balance of P1 is required to enjoy the offer. The service is applicable to BB handset users only. Click here for more details (Terms and Conditions): http://m.smart.com.ph/blackberry I tried opening the link – IT WON’T OPEN :(

I tried opening my browser and tried to open a link like google.com – IT WON’T OPEN :(

*What do you think is the problem here?
    I do believe that I was registered successfully to the PROMO and the MMS/GPRS/3G service but still I CAN’T USE MY BROWSER.

I heard something about SERVICE BOOKS.
    This is what my service books folder have inside:
    1. MMS Client [MMS]
    2. Smart MMS [WPTCP]
    3. WAP SMART [WAP]
    4. WAP Browser (SMART) [BrowserConfig]
    5. WAP Push Config [WAPPushConfig]
    6. Provisioning [PROVISIONING]

There are no entries in my HRT (host routing table)
    but I clicked “Register Now” when I successfully received the confirmation of the promo.

Then when I open my browser and try to open a page.
    I keep getting this error message:

Unable to open a PDP Context to the following APN:
    smart 1
    This may be happening because the currently selected Browser configuration is not compatible with the current network.

11. dani says:

And oh- Yes, I did took out the battery.
    That didn’t work either.
    The same thing.

12. Oneville says:

dani: looks like you’re having the same probs I had,head to their twitter account for quick response and fix…I called cs like 5 times to no avail…SmartCares at twitter…looks like a bug on their BIS server…it was down for me for 3 days…its back up now…best of luck…

13. chayie says:

Hi! BB newbie here. I need your help guys.

First, I need help with registering my BB to SMART BB Prepaid Plan.
    I sent MMS ON to 211 and it said MMS/GPRS/3G services already active and then I sent BB DAY to 2207 it kept saying please try again later. Is the Smart BB PRepaid plan network down?

Also I was attempting to connect to WiFi twice and it kept giving me that provisioning command. Does this mean I have to register to SMART BB Prepaid Plan before I can use WiFi? Also while using GPRS browsing it gave me garbled text when I attempted to surf facebook and twitter. what could be wrong?

Thanks and help please. por favor.

14. Cee
    Twitter: keneshea

@Chayie you need first to register by going to this link https://bis.ap.blackberry.com/html?brand=smart and then on your BB you need to go Status >> Advanced Options >> Host Routing Table and press the Menu and select register… That way you will be able to register your BB with Smart… Hope this helps… :)

15. chayie says:

thanks for your message Cee! I was able to register to SMART this morning but its not working :( and then the web address you suggested when I went to that it said HTTP Error 502: Bad Gateway.

What should I do? thanks again

16. chayie says:

quoting dani

“1. I sent MMS ON to 211 – i received a text saying “MMS/GPRS/3G service features are already active. Thank you for using our service.”

*What do you think is the problem here?

I heard something about SERVICE BOOKS.
    This is what my service books folder have inside:
    1. MMS Client [MMS]
    2. Smart MMS [WPTCP]
    3. WAP SMART [WAP]
    4. WAP Browser (SMART) [BrowserConfig]
    5. WAP Push Config [WAPPushConfig]
    6. Provisioning [PROVISIONING]”

– this is what happened to me too. except i dont have provisioning i have:

Wi-Fi TCP/IP browser
    Wi-Fi TCP/IP Transport

what should I do? am I having problems because my BB is openline? When i bought it from kimstore it was already openline.

17. keysi says:

TRY:

Status >> Advanced Options >> Host Routing Table >> Menu >> register.

Then, in your e-mail settings:

select “service books”

That should make it work.

18. miguelmallari says:

Hi guys…regarding s pgregister for ur servce books go to smart.blackberry.com on ur device…still have problems regarding smart servce I’ll be glad to help you guys..add me in ym..miguelmallari01@yahoo.com bbmessnger pin 20e0ca81

19. Cee
    Twitter: keneshea

Yup, try mo ung HRT or battery pull ka… pero para sure ka ayan si sir Miguel ask ka lang… cya din help saken the first time! bait =)

20. shuace says:

pin: 216c6ee5

21. Cee
    Twitter: keneshea

@chayie you need to access it pala via your PC muna kasi baka di pa activated or registered ung BB mo sa Smart… just accessed the link using my PC and it loaded the page… when you register you need the PIN and IMEI…

22. chayie says:

Thanks Cee! I think its working na :)

23. Cee
    Twitter: keneshea

Yehey! That’s nice to hear! Let’s PIN exchange… mine is 208FB946

24. Lia says:

thanks to this forum it helps me a lot i am already using my BB now..i just follow sir Miguel’s advice!!

25. Lia says:

Help! why i cant recieve email and notifications? but i can use mY BB, just this problem. ok lahat except i cant recieve emails but i can send. anyone knows how i can fix this?