Apple launches AirPods (2019) with wireless charging case
Apple has just unveiled its second generation AirPods which now comes with a wireless charging case. The company has also updated AirPods with a new H1 chip to give it about 50% more talk time and faster connection to other devices.
It’s also good to know that the new wireless earbuds are now also capable of activating hands-free Hey Siri.
About its wireless charging case, it has a charging indicator on the outside, works with Qi chargers, and also has a Lightning port, just in case there’s no Qi charger around. Apple is also releasing a regular charging case, one that has no wireless charging capabilities and can be charged with a Lightning cable instead. Now for those who already own an AirPods, don’t worry, a charging case can be bought separately.
The new AirPods require devices running on iOs 12.2, watchOS 5.2, or macOS 10.14.4 for it to work.
Apple AirPods with Wireless Charging Case specs:
- Qi charging mat compatible (Wireless charging case)
- Lightning connector (Wireless charging case)
- About 24 hours of listening time (AirPods with wireless charging case)
- 18 hours of talk time (AirPods with wireless charging case)
- 5 hours of listening time (AirPods)
- 3 hours of talk time (AirPods)
- 16.5 x 18.0 x 40.5mm (each AirPod)
- 44.3 x 21.3 x 53.5mm (Wireless charging case)
- 4g (each AirPod)
- 40g (Wireless charging case)
The new AirPods are priced as follows:
- AirPods with charging case (Lightning) – USD 159 (PHP 9,490)
- AirPods with wireless charging case – USD 199 (PHP 11,790)
- Wireless Charging Case – USD 79 (~PHP 4,169)
So far, the new AirPods are now available for purchase in Apple’s US website, but there’s no official word yet on when it will be available in the Philippines. However, the product page is already up on the local Apple website.