Bend tests: iPhone 6, HTC One & more, case helps 6 Plus
The iPhone 6 Plus caused a lot of noise because of its bending issue, resulting in more bend tests to see if other flagship phones have this issue as well and if a case can actually solve the problem.
From the same person who brought you the viral bend videos, Unbox Therapy bends the iPhone 6, the HTC One, the new Moto X, the Nokia Lumia 1020 and the iPhone 5S.
Here are the results:
- The iPhone 6 bends, but not as much as the 6 Plus.
- The HTC One’s screen lifts up slightly.
- The new Moto X is claimed to not even creak.
- The Nokia Lumia 1020 creaks, but solid for the most part.
- The iPhone 5S is hard to bend as well.
To add to everything, YouTuber Jonathan Morrison also tries to bend the iPhone 6 Plus once again – but this time to try out if a case actually solves the problem. Spoiler? It doesn’t solve it, but it helps a lot. Check that video out down below:
To conclude, the thinness & the size of the phone are the biggest factors in determining if the phone will be bending easily. You can add a case, but the majority of it really does depend on the build quality.