Uber introduces uberHOP in the Philippines
Uber is bolstering their carpooling services in the country with the launch of uberHOP – a new Uber option that allows multiple people heading in the same direction to share a ride for a flat fare.
uberHOP is a special pilot and currently available within Makati and BGC. It is available during weekdays (excluding non-working holidays) between 6-10AM and 4-9PM, with an introductory flat fare of Php75. uberHOP users will share a large vehicle that can take up to 6 riders.
Here’s how to use uberHOP:
1. UPDATE: Open your Uber app then select uberHOP. Make sure your app is updated.
2. REQUEST: Check if you’re near an area where uberHOP is available and request a ride. We’ll pair you up with a driver as well as other riders traveling in the same direction. For now, uberHOP will be available in Makati and BGC.
3. WALK: Walk to the suggested pick-up spot. Look for your vehicle and driver as seen on the Uber app. Be sure to arrive on time or you might miss your ride!
4. RIDE: Ride together with others. You might share your trip with up to 5 other riders.
5. ARRIVE: Get dropped off at a common area within Makati or BGC so you can walk the last few blocks to your destination.
According to Uber, the company chose to launch the pilot service in Manila as it suffers from some of the worst congestion in the world. It also has an appetite for more reliable, efficient and affordable options to get to and from work.
“Innovative solutions like uberHOP, that put more passengers in fewer cars – safely, reliably and affordable – help move us towards a brighter, cleaner and less gridlocked future.”
For more information about uberHOP, click on the source link below.