What is your mobile phone history?
Most of us have owned a number of handsets in the past but can you still remember all of them? I tried recalling my mobile phone history, starting from the turn of the century when Nokia was the king, all the way to the present glory of Android and iOS smartphones. Here’s what I came up with:
The list below are the mobile phones I owned, the year I owned them, and how they ended up after owning them. Some were passed down to me, bought for me and acquired by my own means.
- Nokia 3310 (2000) – dad smashed it to bits (if I remembered correctly he threw it on the floor three times before it was completely obliterated)
- Nokia 8250 (2000) – stolen
- Nokia 2100 (2003) – passed down
- Sony Ericsson T230 (2003) – passed down
- Nokia 3650 (2003) – swapped
- Nokia 6610i (2004) – sold
- Nokia 6230i (2005) – passed down
- Nokia 5310 (2007) – passed down
- Nokia E51 (2007) – passed down
- Nokia 5800 (2008) – sold
- Samsung M140 (2008) – passed down
- Motorola RAZR Maxx V6 Ferrari Edition (2009) – broke down
- Samsung GT-E1080F (2010) – passed down
- BlackBerry Curve 9300 (2011) – passed down
- LG Optimus L3 (2012) – sold
- iPhone 4S (2012) – passed down
- HTC One X (2012) – stolen
- BlackBerry Torch 9860 (Present)
How about you guys? What is your smartphone history? Take a trip down memory lane and list them down the comments section below. Kudos to the person who has the oldest mobile phone.