Microsoft announces Skype TX technology for broadcast
Microsoft has announced a new version of Skype created specifically for use within a studio environment – the Skype TX.
Skype TX is a studio-grade solution (combination of hardware and software), designed specifically for use by broadcasters to connect with any Skype user, creating optimum on-air quality. Skype TX also ensures video feeds are free of distractions such as call notifications and ads.
Benefits of using Skype TX:
• Skype TX hardware and software is easy to set up, with experts on hand should you need advice or assistance.
• The hardware has been designed for use in a studio environment, with call output in full frame HD-SDI formats with embedded or balanced audio.
• HD-SDI video can also be sent back to the caller along with balanced audio.
• Video and audio are free from all notifications, signals, adverts or pop-ups.
• Skype TX takes care of aspect ratio mismatches automatically and the software operator has full control over screen aspect ratios using Skype TX software.
Skype TX is planned to be released globally. Details about pricing and availability are currently unavailable.