Apple’s iOS 11 to be available on Sept. 19
Apple has announced more details regarding the general availability of the iOS 11 mobile operating system.
The iOS 11 has been announced last June and now the availability has been revealed.
- Added iMessage apps and stickers in Messages
- Redesigned app drawer
- Apple Pay person-to-person payments integrated with iMessage app
- Synchronized conversations across iCloud, iOS, and macOS
- Siri blended into iMessages
- Siri uses Deep Learning for different intonation of voices
- Siri has on-device learning to give smarter suggestions
- Translation for Siri
- Improved image quality using Portrait Mode
- New Loop and Bounce effects for Live Photos
- Tweaked Control Center layout
- Drag and drop feature for the iPad
- App pairings for the iPad
- Files app for file management
- Indoor maps for airports and shopping centers on Apple Maps
- Lane guidance, speed limit, and Do Not Disturb feature for when you’re driving
- Support for multi-room audio for iPhones, iPads, and 3rd party speakers
- Redesigned App store
- ARKit for augmented reality at the core of iOS
The iOS 11 will be supporting devices like: iPhone 5s and later, all iPad Air and iPad Pro models, iPad 5th gen, iPad mini 2 and later, and iPod 6th gen, and will be available via an OTA update starting September 19th.
MORE FROM APPLE’S LAUNCH: