Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge burns while being used in PH
It seems that the problem isn’t only on the Note 7: A viral post is now circulating in Facebook spaces that a local variant of Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge also got burned during use.
According to the Facebook post of user Weng Briones, the device was being used by her child when a thick smoke suddenly popped out of nowhere and internal flames consumed much of the phone’s display and back panel. Briones has then asked for help from Samsung’s concept store at SM Taytay where she was given a full refund as an immediate action.
This isn’t the first of Samsung devices having burning issues, as there were also a few cases around the world that had the same problem. The Korean tech juggernaut’s Note flagship this year, too, had the same problems that resulted in a global massive recall and an OTA update that kept its battery charge to a bare minimum to prevent untoward incidents.
We’re awaiting comments from Samsung PH regarding this issue.