Xiaomi Black Shark Helo announced with 10GB RAM
Xiaomi has announced its next-generation gaming smartphone called the Black Shark Helo.
The device sports nifty features akin to gaming smartphones — RGB lighting on the sides, front-facing stereo speakers, vapor cooling technology, HDR10-compliant display, real-time SDR to HDR conversion a la Nokia 7.1.
There’s also a new Gaming Studio feature that lets you tweak processor, display, touch, network, and others for the games you play. These Gaming studio configurations can be shared with other Blackshark users using ‘Shark Codes’. It’s also the first smartphone in the world to sport 10GB of RAM — that’s more than what a normal PC user has.
The Black Shark Helo comes with new accessories in tow — a single controller for 6GB and 8GB RAM variants, while a dual controller for the 10GB RAM model.
Xiaomi Black Shark Helo specs:
- 6.1-inch 18:9 AMOLED display @ 1080 x 2160 px, 401ppi, HDR10,
- 2.8GHz Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 845
- Adreno 630 GPU
- 6GB, 8GB, 10GB RAM
- 128GB, 256GB internal storage
- 12MP, f/1.8, 1.25µm, dual pixel PDAF + 20MP, f/1.8, 1.0µm, AF, 2x optical zoom rear cameras with Dual LED Flash
- 20MP f/2.2 front camera
- 4G LTE
- Dual SIM, Dual Standby
- Dual-band Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
- Bluetooth 5.0
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- Fingerprint scanner
- Stereo speakers (front-facing)
- Vapor Cooling System
- Xiaomi MIUI 10 (Android 8.0 Oreo)
- 4000mAh battery (nonremovable)
- 160 x 75.2 x 8.7 mm
- 190 g
The Xiaomi Black Shark Helo will be available in China starting October 30 with these prices in tow — CNY3,199 (~Php24,900) for the 6GB RAM and 128GB internal storage model and CNY3,499 (~Php27,200) for the 8GB RAM and 128GB internal storage model. No word yet on the release date and pricing of the beefier 10GB RAM, 256GB internal storage phone.