Acer Predator Helios 500 unveiled in New York
Acer welcomes a new member to their Predator gaming line, the Helios 500. Sporting either a powerful Core i9 or Ryzen 7 processor and either Nvidia’s Geforce GTX 1070 or AMD’s RX Vega GPU.
The Predator Helios 500 is massive as it is powerful with its 17.3-inch FHD or 4k 144hz G-sync or Freesync display. Consumers are given the option of going team blue or team red. For Intel’s side, we have a combination of the Core i9-8950Hk processor and Nvidia GTX 1070 GPU. While AMD’s side has the Ryzen 7 2700 processor paired with RX Vega.
As for the rest of the specs, we have a base RAM of 16GB, Intel Optane, up to 2TB of HDD storage, slots for NVMe PCIe SSDs, Killer DoubleShot Pro, and Windows 10.
Acer Predator Helios 500 specifications
- 17.3-inch FHD 144hz G-sync, Freesync display @ 1920 x 1080 pixels
- 17.3-inch 4k 144hz G-sync, Freesync display @ 3840 x 2160 pixels
- Intel Core i9-8950HK processor
- AMD Ryzen 7 2700 processor
- Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 GPU (Intel)
- AMD RX Vega (AMD)
- 16GB DDR4 RAM
- up to 2TB HDD
- Intel Optane
- Killer DoubleShot Pro