Cherry Mobile Flare S6 gets Android Oreo
Cherry Mobile is silently rolling out an Android Oreo update to Flare S6 users, YugaTech has learned.
In a Flare S6 group post, the company stayed committed to its promise as it has announced that those who still have the 2017 budget flagship from the local brand can finally update their devices. Notable improvements include a bump to a cleaner Cherry OS 3.0, as well as performance enhancements and security updates.
Cherry Mobile Flare S6 specs:
- 5.2-inch HD IPS display @ 1280 x 720 px, 282ppi
- 1.3GHz MediaTek MT6737 Quad-Core CPU
- Mali T720 GPU
- 2GB RAM
- 16GB internal storage
- Expandable via microSD card up to 64GB
- 13MP Sony IMX135 rear camera with LED Flash
- 13MP OmniVision12830 front camera
- 4G LTE (B1/B3/B7/B28)
- Dual SIM (micro), Dual Standby
- WiFi 802.1.1 a/b/g/n
- Bluetooth 4.1
- GPS, A-GPS
- Fingerprint scanner
- USB Type C
- CherryOS 2.0 (Android 7 Nougat, now upgradeable to CherryOS 3.0 with Android Oreo)
- 2600mah battery (removable)
- 148 x 72.8 x 8.8 mm
The device first launched in 2017 with Cherry OS 2.0 and Android Nougat on board. You may visit an authorized Cherry Mobile service center for a manual update. See how the then-Nougat-equipped Flare S6 fared in our review.