The Department of Justice (DOJ) – Office of Cybercrime (OOC) has issued an advisory to inform online shoppers of the risks involved in dealing online and how to protect themselves from online shopping fraud.
Below are the tips the DOJ-OOC has provided to protect consumers from online shopping fraud:
- Keep security software and firewalls up-to-date.
- Update your internet browser as and when a new patch is released.
- Research a seller before making an online purchase. Independently verify their contact details and other company information.
- Invest the time to read all details of an offer to sell.
- Be wary of unsolicited emails from online businesses that you do not know.
- Use strong passwords, which contain a combination of letters, numbers and other characters. Change them regularly and use different passwords for different online accounts.
- Read and understand the seller’s terms and conditions and privacy policies.
- Check that a green padlock symbol is displayed either in the bottom right-hand corner of the webpage or in the address bar and verify the same.
- Be vigilant in transmitting financial and personal information. Avoid unsecure channels like public Wi-Fi, email, phone calls, or mobile messaging.
The DOJ-OOC has also posted steps to take before you make your purchase online and warned of other types of online fraud like fake websites, online auction scams, weight loss or medicine scams, and phishing emails.
For the complete details about the advisory, hit the source link below.
to protect your hard earned money trust only the best. www.goods.ph is one of the leading online shopping Philippines website. It has COD (cash on delivery) options
Wow congrats sa DOJ. Anong taon na ba ngayon? 2009? Pwe!
may guidelines nga, wala namang pangil ang cybercrime laws sa pinas. tulog lang sa pansitan.. magtrabaho naman kayo para sa mga “BOSS” nyo.
we not only need these guidelines but also possible sanctions to these online shops that selling fraud/fake products, delayed and stupid services
Tama. Puro preventative measures lang ito. Kailangan ng proper actions laban sa mga online scammers especially involving money if possible at hindi puro preventative measures lang.