MediaTek Kompanio 1300T SoC for premium tablet computers
MediaTek has announced the Kompanio 1300T SoC, a chip built on a 6nm process and designed for premium tablets with 5G, multimedia, AI, and gaming technologies.
The MediaTek Kompanio 1300T chip is built on TSMC’s 6nm process technology and integrates an octa-core CPU with high-performance Arm Cortex-A78 cores and power-efficient Arm Cortex-A55 cores. In addition, its nine-core Arm Mali-G77 MC9 GPU provides premium computing performance and supports high frame rates. Check out the rest of the features below:
• Incorporates MediaTek’s APU (AI processing unit) to provide powerful, energy-efficient AI computing power for the latest voice and visual applications.
• Integrates 5G technologies with support for a complete set of 5G sub-6GHz bands, 5G-2CA as well as Dual 5G SIM, in addition to supporting 5G Elevator Mode & 5G HSR Mode enhancements.
• Supports 2.5K displays with a refresh rate of up to 120 Hz, HDR10+ video playback, and is equipped with MediaTek’s MiraVision technology and eye protection engine, so it can intelligently alter picture attributes such as hue saturation, brightness, sharpness, resolution, and frame rate for improved visual quality.
• Enables multi-camera designs with 108MP cameras, 4K 60fps video encoding and decoding, chip-level staggered 4K HDR video recording, Multi-Depth Smart Focus, and AI-Clear Streaming.
• Enables AI-powered voice assistants and integrates an ultra-low-power voice on wakeup (VoW) function.
• Features MediaTek’s HyperEngine 3.0 and gaming optimizations for networks, controls, performance, power efficiency, and image quality while gaming.
• Support for full bands for 5G Sub-6GHz and 2CC Carrier Aggregation (2CC CA), Wi-Fi 6, and Bluetooth 5.2.
MediaTek says that the Kompanio chips are now widely adopted by many device manufacturers, powering several best-selling personal computing devices, including Chromebooks and tablets. Tablet computers powered by the Kompanio 1300T platform are expected to be announced in the third quarter of 2021.