PayMaya strengthens contactless payment in public transport
PayMaya has recently strengthened its full ecosystem of contactless payment solutions by enabling various partners to use it in public transport, gas stations, transport hubs, and delivery services. The initiative aims to alleviate the further spread of COVID-19 in the country through its end-to-end, digital financial services, and solutions.
Offering a cashless digital payment solution, the public may now use cards and e-Wallets to pay vehicles and transportation hubs through their various digital and mobile channels.
As of this writing, PayMaya has optimized public transportation through the following services:
• Commuters – credit top-up of beep cards through the PayMaya app, payment of fares on vehicles with PayMaya QR code; payment in transport service providers with PayMaya POS terminals.
• Transportation service providers – card and PayMaya QR code payment in UBE Express (P2P and Airport shuttle services), hirna, EKR Taxi (taxi services), Hype (TNVS)
• Transit hubs – PayMaya QR payment and deployment of POS terminals in Araneta City Bus Port, as well as on its website.
• Petroleum providers – PayMaya QR payment and deployment of POS terminals in Petron, Shell, SEAOIL, Unioil, Cleanfuel, RePhil, and other major fuel retailers.
• Delivery services – cashless payments powered by PayMaya for Lalamove and other delivery providers.
• Government agencies – soon-to-launch cashless payments powered by PayMaya for or motor vehicle registrations and renewals through the Land Transportation Office website.
The company also offers delivery riders to use contactless QR payments when they pay for their customer’s orders at merchant stores or when they accept payments from their customers. Upon using PayMaya on partner merchants, they may also get up to 100% cashback for their transactions and get as much as PHP 5 off per liter when they fuel up on Petron.
Riders may also win a new Honda motorcycle when using PayMaya QR payment.