Sony a9 announced with 24MP Exmor RS image sensor
The just announced Sony a9 mirrorless camera has the amazing capability of continuous-shooting that goes up to 20fps. This camera is specifically intended for sports, wildlife or really fast scenarios as it can catch shots at 1/32,000 of a second. Native ISO range is between 100 – 51,200 and expandable to 50 – 204,800.
The camera can record 4K videos and capture full HD footage in 120fps at up to 100Mbps.
• World’s First full-frame stacked CMOS sensor, 24.2MP resolution
• Blackout-Free Continuous Shooting at up to 20fps for up to 241 RAW/ 362 JPEG images
• Silent, Vibration-free shooting at speeds up to 1/32,000 sec
• 693 point focal plane phase detection AF points with 60 AF/AE tracking calculations per second
• Extensive professional features including Ethernet port for file transfer, Dual SD card slots and extended battery life
• 5-Axis in-body image stabilization with a 5.0 step shutter speed advantage
The Sony a9 also introduces a new Z series battery (model NP-FZ100) which has 2.2 times more capacity than the W series of the a7.
The Sony a9 is expected to be released this May 25 for a suggested retail price of $4,500 (roughly Php225,000).
Check out the sample shots from the a9 below: