YouTube announces 2020 top videos and content creators in the Philippines
YouTube has announced the Philippines’ top lists of trending videos, music videos, and creators for 2020.
Original prank videos and challenges from various Pinoy content creators dominate the majority of the top lists. However, taking the top spot is the Pilipinas Got Talent 2011 champion Marcelito Pomoy’s performance on America’s Got Talent. Taking the second to fourth spots are different videos featuring Ivana Alawi. Check out the top ten trending videos below.
1. WOW! Marcelito Pomoy Sings “The Prayer” With DUAL VOICES! – America’s Got Talent: The Champions
2. IVANA ALAWI, NAPAIYAK NI IDOL RAFFY. ITO ANG PRANK NA PARANG TOTOO!
3. Iguana meets Ivana by Alex Gonzaga
4. BOYFRIEND PRANK! | IVANA ALAWI
5. ASK MOTHER KWEEN (ANONG MANGYAYARE SA YOUTUBE NI LLOYD?)
6. KAILANGAN NIYO NA RIN MALAMAN
7. “NIANA PRANK” KAY CHOLO (KINILIG SIYA IH HAHA)
8. THE JUNNIEBOY PROPOSAL
9. IGNORING SANYA PRANK | GOLD PLAY BUTTON UNBOXING
10. LAST TO LEAVE THE POOL WINS $10,000 (500,000PHP) w/ DOLAINAB | ZEINAB HARAKE
As for the top music videos, Pinoy hip-hop grabs six out of 10 spots on the list. On the other hand, the remaining four spots were fulfilled by the Korean KPOP groups: BLACKPINK and BTS.
1. Araw araw Love – Flow G
2. BLACKPINK – ‘How You Like That’ M/V
3. BLACKPINK – ‘Ice Cream (with Selena Gomez)’ M/V
4. BTS – ‘Dynamite’ Official MV
5. SULYAP – Jr.Crown, Thome & Chris Line (Official Lyric Video) [Prod. By J-Lhutz]
6. Miloves (OTW SAYO) – King Badger
7. BLACKPINK – ‘How You Like That’ DANCE PERFORMANCE VIDEO
8. TINOTOYO – Jr.Crown & Thome ft. Bomb D (Official Audio)
9. EMMAN – Teka Lang (Official Lyric Video)
10. Ex Battalion – Bounty (Makukuha rin kita)
Top creators include Ivana Alawi, Zeinab Harake, Cong TV, Ja Mill, Alex Gonzaga Official, ChoOX TV, Jelai Andres, Viy Cortez, Donnalyn Bartolome, and Jomar Lovena, who take the top one to 10 spots, respectively. Meanwhile, 2020’s breakout creators are Cong TV, Viy Cortez, Jomar Lovena, Junnie Boy, Kathryn Bernardo, Boss Keng, Vien, Leti Sha, EmmanNimedezTV, and Donekla in Tandem.
“Filipinos use YouTube to tell and listen to stories, providing some form of comfort in this extremely challenging year. It is inspiring to see how the creators continued to show wayfinding to support one another as a community and to keep their viewers engaged despite the odds. The heart of YouTube is its creators, and we recognize their important role in providing not just relevant content but even hope to Filipinos in the time of what turned out to be a difficult 2020.” Communications and Public Affairs Head of Google Philippines Mervin Wenke stated.