Here area few reasons why porn drives demand for better broadband technology:
- 40% of online video-on-demand is adult
- 45 Million unique visitors are recorded by adult websites each month
- 13,588 hardcore video titles were released in 2005
- $700M worth of mobile adult content was sold worldwide in 2005
- $2.5B (20%) â€“ US adult internet sales in 2005
On a related note, in the Philippine local scene…
- A webmaster services company in Ortigas is providing 24/7/265 support for US porn companies in terms of video editing, picture cleaning and enhacing, website design and development and also online sales.
- Several small to medium adult hosting companies outsource their remote support services in the Philippines with underground condo-type offices providing technical support to website owners.
Somehow, I am not surprised anymore.
And why do I know this? When you’re into the hosting business, you tend to bump into these type of inquiries (hosting for adult content) once in a while. And no, we don’t allow adult content on our servers.