Has your PLDT myDSL slowed to a crawl?
For the last couple of weeks, my PLDT DSL connection at home has crawled to a turtle’s pace. I don’t often get this type of problems in the last 4.5 years but this time, it took longer than one would expect.
I know how the infrastructure/network works and I’m usually very patient with these types of issues that’s why it took me several weeks to realize this could be permanent and I’m doomed to settle for dial-up speeds. Just look at my SpeedTest results below:
Anybody else experiencing the same problems lately? At first, I thought it could be several possible reasons:
- Too many people connecting to my open wifi? I’ve always had my WiFi open to neighbors so they can use the net once in a while. I tried securing the network so only one PC has access but the slow connection remains.
- Wiring problems. Sometimes, a faulty wiring or a defective data-voice splitter can cause problems like these but I couldn’t find any.
- I got downgraded, unknowingly. Maybe the people at the NOC downgraded my 2Mbps Plan 1995 to 384Kbps.
- Maybe there’s some problem in my area. I called up customer support and they tell me everything’s okay from their end.
- My node got congested. That’s probable but that usually happens only to cable internet subscribers.
- PLDT is punishing me for not paying on time. Forgot to pay for 2 months and I got a letter from their legal /collection agent proposing that a legal action might help me remember to pay on time. I already paid in advance so that shouldn’t be a problem.
Then, I ran out of excuses for PLDT. So now, after exhaustively taking into consideration numerous factors, I’ve come to a decision to just jump ship and sign up for a new ISP. I guess it’s time for Globe DSL or take that 6Mbps offer from Sky Broadband.