We’ve seen the very promising Parrot Disco announced early this year and now, the French company has announced its availability this September. It’s also got a price tag for those interested in trying out this unique drone.
As a recap, below are some of the notable features of the Parrot Disco:
- Capable to pair with a VR headset so you can “fly” with the drone.
- Could reach speeds of up to 80km/h without losing stability
- 45-min flight time on a single charge
- Works with other standard remote controls/SkyController
- Semi-autopilot – just throw the flying wing and it will propel up and gain altitude automatically
- “As easy to pilot as playing a video game”
- Live-streaming over Wi-Fi
- Lightweight at 700 grams
- 3-axis digital stabilization
- 8-inch propeller with high-speed engine
- 14MP nose camera with wide-angle lens and digital stabilization
- Return Home feature
Using a new system called Control Hub & Universal Computer Kit, it could autopilot the drone until the user could take over using a controller. It is equipped with numerous sensors and instrumentations like accelerometer, gyroscope, magnetometer, barometer, Pitot tube used in aircraft, and GPS.
The Disco is compatible to pair with both iPhones and Android devices and has a price tag of $1,299 (approx. Php60K). It includes the Parrot Disco, Parrot Skycontroller 2, and Parrot Cockpitglasses.