Parrot launches DISCO – a new fixed-wing drone
Moving away from the usual quad-propeller design of drones, Parrot launches its new DISCO that implements a fixed-wing approach with a nose camera for recording aerial footage.
Here are some of the notable features of the new Parrot DISCO:
- Capable to pair with a VR headset so you can “fly” with the drone.
- Could reach speeds of up to 80km/h without losing stability
- 45-min flight time on a single charge
- Works with other standard remote controls/SkyController
- Semi-autopilot – just throw the flying wing and it will propel up and gain altitude automatically
- “As easy to pilot as playing a video game”
- Live-streaming over Wi-Fi
- Lightweight at 700 grams
- 3-axis digital stabilization
- 8-inch propeller with high-speed engine
- 14MP nose camera
- Return Home feature
Check out more of the DISCO in this video:
There are no price tags to go along with the launch, but the French company says the consumer-grade drone will be available sometime this year. Excited? So are we.