Apple shows off new watchOS 3
Straight from WWDC 2016, Apple has unveiled its new WatchOS 3 that focuses mainly on performance improvements, new apps, and better 3rd party app support.
Below are some of the highlights of the new WatchOS:
- Revamped User Interface
- Faster launch time and app performance (up to 7x) of the watchOS app through Instant Launch.
- New Control Center – just swipe up to show different quick options.
- New reply options to Messages and offers a new feature called Scribble that lets you quickly draw on the display to send to your contacts.
- New Minnie Mouse watch face/change watch faces by swiping the screen.
- SOS feature for emergencies, regardless of language. It automatically dials whatever is the equivalent of 911.
- New Fitness Tracking App
- Breathe app for breathing and relaxation
- More 3rd Party App permissions
In addition to those, being open to third party developers makes the watchOS 3 capable of receiving new and more functions over time — giving users an added reason to invest on an Apple Watch.
The watchOS 3 will come this fall with developer preview starting immediately.