Apple’s iOS 9.3 update rolls out w/ new Night Shift feature
Apple officially releases its iOS 9.3 as a minor update to its operating system. It has a new feature called the Night Shift that aims to be smarter when using your Apple device in low light environments.
Basically, what the Night Shift feature does is it reduces the amount of blue light that the screen emits — after having believed that this bright blue light makes it harder for people to fall asleep. With this feature turned on, it will automatically switch to a warmer color at night.
Protecting your notes is also possible with the update. Users can opt to lock the files with a password or by using the device’s Touch ID in case you have sensitive information saved on your notepad.
Some of the other improvements include:
- “For You” section in News app with more personalized suggestions.
- Apple Watch integration for Health.
- CarPlay now has point-of-interests feature and song suggestions for music-playing.
- New 3D Touch shortcuts for various apps.
The update is available for download starting immediately.
- Here are more related stories from Apple’s March 21 event: