DICT releases potential bidders for the New Major Player
In a bidding update, the Department of Information and Communications Technology (DICT) has announced the selection process for the New Major Player has seven interested participants.
As of 11 AM today, the DICT currently has seven potential bidders. This was after China Telecom bought their bidding documents earlier.
• LCS Group of Companies with TierOne Communications
– TierOne Communications International Inc. is a Davao-based internet service provider. It has teamed up with LCS Group of Companies (LCS), a diversified holdings that provides products and services in power, mining, and transportation in the Philippines, which is owned by Luis “Chavit” Singson.
• Udenna Corporation
– UDENNA is a holding company in the Philippines which is in the business of distribution and retail of petroleum products and lubricants under the Phoenix brand and is engaged in shipping and logistics through its wholly owned subsidiary, Chelsea Logistics Holdings Corp. Its business portfolio includes real estate and property development, education, leisure, gaming and tourism, and infrastructure.
• Telenor Group
– Telenor is a Norwegian multinational telecommunications company headquartered at Fornebu in Bærum, close to Oslo. It is one of the world’s largest mobile telecommunications companies with operations worldwide, focus in Scandinavia, Eastern Europe, and Asia.
• Now Telecom
– NOW Corporation is a listed firm in the Philippine Stock Exchange. It covers the business of providing telecommunications, media, and information technology products and services. These include telecommunications value-added services (VAS) through companies duly licensed to engage in wired and wireless, fixed and mobile communications; software and hardware technology, business process outsourcing, and other information technology applications; digital media; as well as activities directly or indirectly connected to these.
• PT&T Corporation
– Philippine Telegraph & Telephone Corp. (PTT) was incorporated on November 14, 1962, as a diversified telecommunications entity catering to the corporate, small/medium business and residential segments across the nation.
• China Telecom
– China Telecommunications Corporation known as its trading name China Telecom is a Chinese state-owned telecommunication company. It is the largest fixed-line service and the third largest mobile telecommunication provider in China.
• Undisclosed bidder
– no information as of writing