Apple rolls out iOS 10.2 update
Apple‘s iOS 10.2 software update is now available for download and with it comes with the usual improvements, bug fixes, and more.
First and foremost, there is a new TV app that gives users recommendations on the newly-released movies and TV shows for the ‘Watch Now’ section while also showing new apps and iTunes releases for the ‘Store’ section. Although, this feature is only available for the United States as of now.
As for the user-favorite emoji, you’d be glad to know that they have been ‘beautifully redesigned’. Not only that, but there are now 100 new emoji added to the selection including new faces, food, animals, sports, and professions.
Live Photos also get an improved stabilization for delivering faster frame rate, improved accuracy of groupings of similar photos, and additional support for RAW digital cameras.
There’s also new full-screen effects in Messages and a new swipe up gesture while playing music for easier navigation.
To install the latest iOS version, simply connect your device to iTunes or download the update through Settings > General > Software Update. The new software is compatible for iPhone 5 and later, iPad 4th gen and later, and iPod touch 6th gen and later.
Below is the full changelog that Apple has released for the iOS 10.2:
iOS 10.2 introduces new features including the TV app (US Only), a new and unified experience for accessing your TV shows and movies across multiple video apps. Emoji have been beautifully redesigned to reveal even more detail and over 100 new emoji have been added including new faces, food, animals, sports, and professions. This update also includes stability improvements and bug fixes.
- Use Up Next to see the movies and shows you’re currently watching and pick up where you left off
- Get recommendations for new movies and TV shows in Watch Now
- Discover new apps and the latest iTunes releases in the Store
- Access the Library for your iTunes purchases and rentals
- Beautifully redesigned emoji that reveal even more detail
- Over 100 new emoji including new faces, food, animals, sports, and professions
- Improves stabilization and delivers faster frame rate for Live Photos
- Improves accuracy of groupings of similar photos of the same person in the People album
- Fixes an issue where Memories might generate a memory from photos of screenshots, whiteboards or receipts
- Fixes an issue where the camera would stay zoomed in after switching back from the Camera Roll on iPhone 7 Plus
- Additional support for RAW digital cameras
- Adds new love and celebration full screen effects in Messages
- Fixes an issue that sometimes prevented the keyboard from displaying in Messages
- Swipe up the Now Playing screen to more easily access Shuffle, Repeat and Up Next
- Choose how to sort Playlists, Albums, and Songs in Library