ASUS outs Android 6.0 update for Zenfone Zoom
ASUS rolls out the Android 6.0 Marshmallow update for the Zenfone Zoom ZX551ML just after the Zenfone Selfie got bumped up to the same OS version.
By downloading the file (click the link), you just have to copy the firmware zip file to your internal storage and reboot the devices. There should be a system update notification once you turn it back on.
Below is the release note from their page:
- Software update to Android 6.0 Marshmallow. Internal storage will decrease slightly after update. It is recommended to back-up data and relocate media files (pictures & videos) to SD card to reserve enough storage before starting the software update. Android Marshmallow won’t support APP2SD. Please move apps to internal storage before system upgrades.
- Android Marshmallow won’t support APP2SD. Please move apps to internal storage before system upgrades.
- Multi-user function won’t be supported if the account is deleted. Please keep your account to continue usage.
- The apps listed below will no longer be pre-loaded once your device has been upgraded to Android 6.0 (Marshmallow).
1. Omlet Chat
2. Data Transfer
3. Photo Frame
4. ASUS Backup
5. Dr. Safety
6. What’s Next
7. Party Link
8. Remote Link
9. PC Link
10. Yahoo Shopping
11. EZ Ding
15. Dr. Eye
17. Puffin Browser
19. Google Settings (Integrated with ASUS Settings)
- Add new features and new apps:
1. Google Calendar
2. Google Messenger
3. Dr. Booster
- This update will remove ASUS Email, ASUS Calendar, ASUS Messaging, and won’t be preloaded in this software version. You can use Gmail, Google Calendar, Google Messenger for relevant services.