MediaTek announces MT6595 4G LTE Octa-Core SOC
MediaTek has just announced the world’s first octa-core SOC for smartphones that supports 4G LTE connectivity and powered by the latest Cortex-A17 CPUs from ARM – the MT6595.
The MediaTek MT6595 is the company’s premium mobile solution for smartphones which utilizes four ARM Cortex-A17 plus four Cortex-A7 CPUs, ARM big.LITTLE architecture, and a PowerVR Series6 GPU.
In addition to the integrated 4G LTE Multi-Mode modem, it also supports the new H.265 Ultra HD (4K2K) video record and playback, as well as support for Ultra HD video playback for for H.264 and VP9.
Other features include:
• 20 megapixel camera capability and a high-definition WQXGA (2560 x 1600) display controller
• MediaTek ClearMotion for smooth video playback at 60fps
• MediaTek MiraVision technology for DTV-grade picture quality
• support for WiFi 802.11ac, Bluetooth LE and ANT+ for ultra-low power connectivity with fitness tracking devices
• support for Multi-standard inductive and resonant wireless charging
The MT6595 platform will be commercially available by the first half of 2014, with devices expected in the second half of the year.
Hit the source link below for a full list of MediaTek MT6595 features.