My Tamagotchi Forever is coming to Android and iOS next year
This is the legit nostalgia hit, Tamagotchi entered the lives of people almost 20 years ago in quirky little egg-like keychains with brick-type graphics. These little critters were the virtual pets of children back in the day, you had to care for them. feed them, and even clean them to maintain their health and happiness. It brought about a lot of smiles, frustrations, and poop to a generation of children in a time where smartphones and tablets were just a dream.
Now, everything is about to change as Bandai Namco Entertainment officially announced that the next generation of Tamagotchis are heading to our mobile devices next year, in the form of My Tamagotchi Forever.
The game will feature a town for your little virtual pets called Tamatown in addition to other notable features such as:
- Raising your Tamagotchi by cleaning them, feeding them and taking care of them.
- Playing mini-games with your Tamagotchi and even meeting and making friends with other characters as you explore Tamatown together.
- Evolution, yes my friends you can now evolve your Tamagotchi and the result will depend on how you took care of them.
- Collecting memorable moments shared with your Tamagotchi characters and the friendly town citizens.
- Sharing your favorite moments with your friends.
- Tickling your Tamagotchi characters. According to Bandai Tamagotchi’s love this.
- Earning coins by playing mini-games and leveling up!
- Unlocking delicious food, cute costumes, and colorful items to decorate Tamatown.
- Comparing your progression and Tamagotchi raising skills with your friends!
The game is also holding a special event over at their website, where users who register will get the chance of creating a brand new Tamagotchi character. My Tamagotchi Forever is currently on soft launch in Canada with a global release slated for 2018.
Source: Bandai Namco Entertainment