Office Lens for iPhone and Android now available
For those fans of the Office Lens app for Windows Phone that captures receipts and business cards and automatically crops and stores them on your phone, here’s some good news for you — they’re now available for iOS and Android.
In addition to receipts, you can also use this productivity app for menus, whiteboards, and sticky notes. Below are more features of the Office Lens for iPhone:
- Recognizes the corners of a document and automatically crops, enhances and cleans up the image.
- Identifies printed text with optical character recognition (OCR) so that you can search by key word for the image in OneNote or OneDrive.
- Converts images of paper documents and whiteboard notes into Word documents, PowerPoint presentations and PDF files for easy editing and reformatting.
- Captures business cards and generates contacts that you can add to your phone.
- Inserts images to OneNote or OneDrive (as DOCX, PPTX, JPG or PDF format) and gives you options to save, export and share the image.
As for Android users,you can access a preview of Office Lens with similar features to that of the iPhone’s. In order to do so just follow the following steps:
- Go to Office Lens Android Preview in the Google+ community.
- Click Join community in the upper right-hand corner.
- Under About this community, click the Become a Tester link and then follow instructions on the page.