Tech Crunch: Top Tech Stocks on a Bargain
Tech companies are also affected by the financial crisis and while this is bad for many investors and stock holders, it may also be an opportunity for other players to make the most out of the bargain stock prices that’s going around.
The big giants in the tech industry are seeing their stock prices plummet to record lows in the last 30 days. That, despite the fact that most of them are actually doing good in the market with positive sales growth.
For those who are into this for the long haul, buying of stocks at this time would be like going to a factory sale. Here’s my top 5 pick for tech stocks.
- Apple (NASDAQ:AAPL) at $104. It had a 52-week high of just under $203 and has been hanging around $175+ in the last 3 months. That’s at least a 40% discount for a very successful company with a lot of spare cash from sales of their new iPhone 3G.
- Nokia (NYSE:NOK) at $18. This is one of the lowest share prices Nokia has ever been in the last year and it has seen its value close to $38 this year. You may be looking at a 36% discount for the #1 handset company in the world.
- Google (NASDAQ:GOOG) at $406. Google stocks saw a high of $747 in the last 52 weeks but has been hovering over $550 three months ago. At $406, buyers could get a nice discount of at least 26%.
- Dell (NASDAQ:DELL) at $16.50. Plunging from a high of $25.50 to a just over $16 in the last 45 days is a huge drop. It’s still a strong company with solid market share for desktop PC in the US plus a server line that’s still growing. The current stock value gets you about 35% discount.
- Intel Corporation (NASDAQ:INTC) at $17.80. Like Dell, Intel was hovering around $24.50 just 45 days ago. At $17.80, you’re looking at a 35% discount too.
Once all these crisis pans out, most of the stock prices will go back to their normal levels. If I could, I’d be buying me some NOK, APPL and INTC stocks and wait it out. GOOG may still be too price though but my best bet is on NOK and INTC.