COMELEC launches mobile app for voter registration
The Commission on Elections (COMELEC) has launched its mobile application for the voter registration process. According to COMELEC, the Mobile Registration Form App can be accessed with any Android smartphone, even offline.
The Mobile Registration Form App project was conceptualized by Commissioner Marlon Casquejo. The project was launched in Tagum, Davao del Norte, on June 15, 2021.
“The launch of the mobile app is very timely in the face of mobility restrictions brought about by COVID-19 because you will only need a smartphone to accomplish the form,” said Commissioner Marlon Casquejo.
The app is downloadable online. It is available on Android and can be shared offline via SHAREit or any other file-sharing application. Besides, once installed, users may already apply for voter registration without the Internet.
“This will save time, effort, and money that will otherwise be spent on going to a computer shop to download and print the form, or getting the form at the local COMELEC to fill it out manually,” Casquejo added.
Started this June, the mobile app was rolled out in select pilot areas. It is now being implemented in over 500 cities and municipalities nationwide, including NCR, Cebu City, and Davao City.
Check out the process below.
1) Open the mobile app, and tap “Get Started.”
2) Select the desired type of application, and tap “Proceed.”
3) Input all the necessary personal information.
4) Confirm your personal information by ticking the checkbox.
5) Tap “Generate QR Code” and “Save” to save it in the phone’s gallery.
6) Bring a valid ID upon visiting your local COMELEC office for QR code scanning.
Commissioner Casquejo also reported that the Mobile Registration Form App has over 11,000 applications and 16,000 app downloads.