Grab Hotels launches in the Philippines, five more services coming soon
As part of Grab’s transition into a super app, the company has launched Grab Hotel and five more different services in the Philippines.
Here are the new features:
- Hotels – users can book a hotel and other accommodations from Agoda and Booking.com (coming soon) directly through the Grab application. Grab Platinum, Gold, and Silver members can redeem vouchers up to PHP 500 off hotels booked through Agoda while spending a minimum of PHP 5000. Grab driver-partners will also get up to 9% of all bookings while Grab Platinum users can get access to Booking.com’s Genius program to enjoy 10% discounts and other benefits. This service has been available already since May 9.
- Videos – previously announced back in January 2019, the Grab app will integrate HOOQ’s video streaming service. To know more about this, click here. It will be available in the second half of 2019.
- Tickets – a separate Tickets service tile will be available in Grab’s app to provide users a more convenient way to search and buy tickets from cinema chains like SM cinema. This service will be available at the end of 2019.
- GrabWheels – Consumers can use and rent the electric scooter sharing platform which provides mobility and convenience. They can also park it after use at designated parking spots. It is currently doing a pilot run in UpTown Mall in BGC, Taguig City and will roll out to other towns in the future.
- GrabKitchen – This delivery-only kitchen service, also known as cloud kitchens, aims to increase the diversity of food choices in an area while reducing delivery time for orders when it comes to Food and Beverages.
- Bills Payment – offering a quick and convenient way to pay bills, Grab will implement this service in the third quarter of 2019. This service aims to reduce a user’s time in leaving their houses and fall in line in bill payment centers. They can settle electricity, water, telco, internet, and cable TV bills with this service.
We are excited to offer these new services to our customers, giving them better access to the services that matter the most to them. A day with Grab can now be seamless from booking your ride to ordering your next meal and getting ready for your next movie date or holiday trip. You do all these from the palm of your hand, through one app, enjoying exclusive offers and even greater value when you pay with GrabPay and earn GrabRewards points. These points can, in turn, be used for more discounts or vouchers on other transactions. We are the app serving the everyday needs of Southeast Asians, and we look forward to introducing even more services in the Philippines and other countries throughout the rest of the year.” -Jerald Singh, Group Head of Product and Design, Grab