LTFRB to resume provincial bus operations in Metro Manila on September 30
Land Transportation Franchising and Regulatory Board (LTFRB) will resume the operation of provincial buses with routes going to and from Metro Manila.
According to the GMA News report, LTFRB Chairman Martin Delgra said that the board will add specific routes that will continue to operate. The memorandum is scheduled to be released this weekend.
To clarify which protocols should be implemented once provincial bus stations in Metro Manila reopen amid GCQ, the government agency will meet with various bus companies.
Previously on a Manila Bulletin report, Delgra shared that at least four provinces, including Antique, Quirino, and Bataan, agreed to reopen its borders to provincial buses. However, most LGUs from 81 provinces want to shut down its borders first for buses coming from Metro Manila.
Delgra also shared that inter-provincial routes were already opened in the Cordillera Administrative Region (CAR), Region 1 (Ilocos Region), in Region 2 (Cagayan Valley), as well as in other regions in the Visayas and in Mindanao.
Inter-regional routes, on the other hand, are now operational in Mindanao particularly in Butuan City going to Davao City and Cagayan De Oro going to Butuan City.
LTFRB has been preparing the integrated bus terminals to connect Metro Manila and its neighboring provinces. The terminals that are recognized by the Department of Transportation and Metro Manila Development as such include Parañaque Integrated Terminal Exchange (PITX), North Luzon Expressway Integrated Terminal in Bulacan, Valenzuela Integrated Terminal, and Sta. Rosa Terminal in Laguna.
LTFRB National Capital Region director Atty. Zona Russet Tamayo earlier said that provincial bus operators may only carry 50 percent of its passenger capacity upon its resumption to comply with the national government’s protocol.