Netflix launches PHP 149 mobile-only plan
Netflix has just launched a new mobile-only plan in the Philippines. The mobile-only plan has also been launched in Thailand, India, Indonesia, and Malaysia.
According to a report by Business World, Patrick Flemming, Netflix’s director for Product Innovation, noted that “Filipinos watch 2x more Netflix on mobile than the rest of the world. Two out of three Filipinos use downloads on their phones to watch Netflix on the go.” Due to that, the Philippines became an attractive market for Netflix.
Patrick Flemming added, “We’re enthusiastic to introduce the Mobile plan in the Philippines to make it even easier for anyone with a smartphone to enjoy Netflix. At home or on the go, now more people can watch all the shows and movies Netflix has to offer, wherever and whenever they want.”
Netflix has also added a few more features to its mobile app, including:
- Smart downloads – download the next episode over Wi-Fi and delete already watched episodes
- Mobile previews – watch previews in vertical format
- Share currently watching, faves, and more on Instagram Stories, Twitter, Whatsapp, Messenger, and the like
- Data saver – stream up to 6.5 hours of Netflix on 1GB of data
- Android Lite UI – Netflix will automatically load faster on entry-level smartphones
Consumers can subscribe to Netflix’s new mobile-only plan for only PHP 149 per month. As the plan’s name suggests, users can only watch on their mobile phones or tablets and can only be watched on one screen at the same time. Similar to the platform’s other plans, users can still create up to 5 profiles and can pay for the mobile-only subscription using credit and debit cards, via direct carrier billing, or using a Netflix gift code.
Additionally, Netflix has also announced that individuals can also pay for their Mobile Plan subscription using Code Shop. Simply head over to Coda Shop’s website and select the’P149 Mobile Plan Prepaid Code‘ option.
Via Business World