Samsung One UI 2 Android 10 rollout schedule
Samsung has announced the One UI 2 update based on Android 10 and its update schedule.
Samsung’s One UI 2 comes with a lot of new features and improvements to improve your smartphone experience. New features include:
Samsung’s dark mode comes with enhanced image, text, and color adjustments for day and night environments. Wallpapers, widgets, and alarms are also darkened when Dark mode is on.
Samsung improved high contrast keyboards and layouts for large text. They also added the option to display live speech as text.
Better Text Over Wallpapers
Text over wallpapers now changes font colors to suit its background for better readability better.
Allows users to check your phone usage, and set parental controls for your kids’ phone. It also comes with Focus mode to keep users from checking their phones.
Other features and improvements include refined interactions, improved camera settings, full-screen navigation gestures, new icons and colors, and enhanced animations.
The scheduled rollout for the One UI 2 update is as follows:
- January 2020 – Galaxy S10e, Galaxy S10, Galaxy S10+, Galaxy-M20
- February 2020 – Galaxy S9, Galaxy S9+, Galaxy Note9, Galaxy-A30, Galaxy-M30, Galaxy Note 10, Galaxy Note 10+
- April 2020 – Galaxy A50s, Galaxy A70, Galaxy-A9-2018, Galaxy A80, Tab S6
- May 2020 – Galaxy A6, Galaxy A6+, Galaxy A7 (2018), Galaxy A10s, Galaxy A30s, Galaxy A50
- June 2020 – Galaxy J6, Galaxy A10, Galaxy A20, Galaxy A20s
- July 2020 – Galaxy J6+, Galaxy J7 Duo, Galaxy J8, Galaxy Tab S5e, Galaxy Tab S4, Galaxy Tab A
- August 2020 – Galaxy Tab A with S-Pen
- September 2020 – Galaxy Tab A (2018, 10.5), Galaxy Tab-A
Samsung did mention that the dates may change should they encounter any issues. Supported functions may also vary depending on country and network operator. Check out Samsung’s post for a more detailed rundown of One UI 2’s changes here.
Update: We’re getting reports that some Galaxy units in the Philippines, like the S10, have received the update earlier than scheduled.
Update 2: Our Galaxy Note 10 has already gotten the One UI 2 update. Samsung is recommending users to back up their data before updating to keep it safe just in case something goes wrong. Some apps such as Calculator, Samsung Internet, Samsung Health, and Samsung Notes need to be updated in the Play Store.